Friday, May 27, 2011

PALIN THE TROJAN HORSE?

It is I, your humble commentator, and amidst Sarah Palin announcing her new tour, and everyone starting to wonder if she's getting ready to jump into the 2012 presidential race I wonder if it's not all a ruse.

I can see very clearly in my mind's eye a group of republicans going to Sarah and proposing a way she can make money selling books and speaking engagements while throwing the democrats off the scent. You see by her merely stepping up her profile she has all the dems in a twidget for one reason or another over the fact that she may be running. Either they are happy because they think they can beat the ditzy broad from Alaska, or they're scared out of their mind that she's about to whup them like they so richly deserve.

You see it doesn't matter to my imaginary republicans, either way they can work in the background, and whoever does become the republican nominee has an open field to run in while all the silly dems are still chasing Sarah who's running up and down the sidelines leading them on a merry chase to nowhere. Then all of a sudden they have less time to go after whoever winds up with the nominee, and Sarah has a couple of extra million to add to her fortune, and has the dems to thank for it.

Which is why I firmly believe that this is all a ruse. Not sure I want it to be true, but my feeling is that she's not running. That all of this is intentionally or not simply providing cover for the republicans to do as they wish for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment