Wednesday, July 13, 2011

SORE WRISTS

I have always wanted to learn to play guitar, but gave it up as a lost cause years ago for a lack of time. I even gave the guitar I'd been given away. But lately the itch has come back. Then came Independence Day lunch at my in-laws. My step father in law is a guitar player and he and his sons played some after lunch so I was really feeling it. I even started shopping, and had a list of models to check from, but I hadn't shelled out any money.


Then comes a boring Friday evening. So I go pawn shopping and even take the old ball and chain with me. I'm looking at guitars and she's looking at jewelery. Now I really don't have the cash for a guitar and the $700 ring she's looking at, but I really want a guitar and I've always wanted to get her a better ring than the one she has so it hits me. I have an extra gun that will more than cover them both. So I go tell her my idea. She says she doesn't want the ring, but needs a laptop for her new job. So we look at lap tops, and nothing grabs her, but 3 pawn shops later we find a nice little Toshiba net book and THE guitar I really wanted. Upshot of it was we went back Saturday morning and made the deal which included an electronic tuner and case for the guitar.



So, I download a you-to-can-play-the-geetar lesson off the internet, and start plucking away. Now I'm experiencing a whole new level of pain in my fingertips. And, my wrists haven't been this sore since I discovered those magazines in my dad's nightstand. And, no, I still can't play guitar, but I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment