Friday, September 10, 2010

30 SECOND FORWARD BUTTON

I have no idea who invented the 30 seconds ahead button on my remote, but I sure hope he got rich off it. With it, I can actually stand football. You see before now I had to really care about a team enough to sit through 3+ hours of inane football drivel, instant replays, and ads selling me beer that I don't drink and cars that I don't want or need. I don't even care enough about sex to put up with a 3 hour date so you can imagine how often I watched football. Now though I can watch the entire game in about 50 minutes.

The way it works is that as soon as the whistle blows I push that 30 second button, and usually it's right on the money to put me at the snap of the next play. I don't have to listen to old has been players yakking and trying to fill in the dead air time. Just play to play to play, no horse manure in between.

It's great. For instance I just watched the New Orleans and Minnesota game in 47 minutes. And, since they keep the score etc on the screen most of the time now I don't even have to wonder about that. So, I hope whoever thought that button up got rich as Bill Gates off it. Or, has a special place in heaven waiting for him. Preferably both.

No comments:

Post a Comment