Thursday, September 23, 2010

PLEDGE TO AMERICA – THE COMMENTS

I told you I'd comment on the Pledge to America So, what ygukfvj,uhg,jyhu

Sorry, contemplating it boredom over came me, and I fell asleep on my keyboard. But, I'm awake and the drool has been cleaned off now so on with the analysis. Granting you it says the right things, but after forcing myself through all 21 pages of self serving political drivel I have finally come up with an analogy to describe it. The Republicans sound like the kid who has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar for the 897th time, and is trying to get out of being punished, “Please mom, let me off, and I swear I'll be good... this time.” Accompanied by the big eyed stare, or in this case the photo op in front of a lumber yard. You see if they had just done their job, they wouldn't be needing to make this pledge, but instead they've spent the post Reagan years wallowing in the same indulgences as the Democrats.

They've been going along with the Democrats so long that it's impossible to tell the difference between your average Democrat and Republican. Problem is the Republicans have been lying about it, and now they're being spanked and they don't like it. So, it's just smacks of whiny pleading to me. To heck with them, let them take their spanking. It's not like they're going to wind up on the unemployment line. They've been in congress long enough they've surely stolen enough to retire on by now so send them home, and replace them with some folks who may actually do what we ask of them. That's my thought such as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment